|DUMMER'S GRAIN SERVICE|
MONDAY-FRIDAY 8AM - 4PM
|Name||Notes||Basis||Cash Price||Futures Change|
All grain prices are subject to change at any time.
Cash bids are based on 10-minute delayed futures prices, unless otherwise noted.
Target Price Offers (TPO) This is an offer to sell your grain or buy grain from us at a firm price and designated delivery period. This offer is flexible and may be canceled prior to pricing. This contract takes the emotion out of pricing decisions and allows you to make market decisions in a business manner. There is no fee for this service.
Purchase Contract (PC) This contract is the basic contract for the purchase of grain. The farmer has a quantity of grain on hand and wishes to set a definite price and time period of delivery. There is no fee for this service.
Navigator Contract (NC) This contract allows you to sell your grain and still stay in the market by re-establishing futures price, then pricing out your futures at a later time. The resulting gain or loss in the futures market is your gain or loss. 3-cent fee for this contract. Paid 50% at time of delivery.
Deferred Payment (DP) This contract is similar to a Purchase Contract. There is a set bushel amount, price, and delivery period. The only difference is the contract will be paid out at a later date, often times after the first of the year.
Averager (APC) This contract allows you to price your grain over an extended period of time. Pricing is done once per week for a predetermined amount of week. You can opt. out of this contract during the averaging period and a three-cent fee will be assessed.
Sales Contracts (SC) This is a firm offer to buy a predetermined price and for a predetermined delivery time and established number of bushels of grain. This contract can be written as a forward sales contract. There is no fee for this service.
Basis Contracts (BC) This contract allows you to lock in the basis but not the futures price. This contract changes ownership of the grain from farmer to elevator upon delivery. There is no fee for this service.
Hedge to Arrive (HTA) This contract allows you to lock in the futures price but not the basis. There is a 2-cent fee for this service. Basis must be set prior to delivery. One roll is allowed for a 2-cent fee.
If there is no established contract, the cash price will be paid on the day the grain was delivered.
The cash price is established at 1:30 PM upon market close.
Holmen, Wisconsin (54636)
We are a proud Sponsor of Ashley for the Arts.
A Great Event For A Great Cause
- Cotton Rallies the 4c Limit
- With December in the delivery process, 5 contracts thus far, the contract traded 445 points higher on no limit. The other front months stopped at their 4 cent allotted limit through May ’23 with July up by 393 points on the day. New crop December closed above 80 cents for...
- Hogs Recover Ground on Wednesday
- Lean hog futures recovered 40 cents to $1.82 across the front month contracts on Wednesday. That still leaves Feb with a net $3.15 draw down for the week to date. The USDA National Average Base Hog Price for Wednesday was $2.15 higher at $86.06. The 11/28 CME Lean Hog Index...
- Feeders Lead Cattle Rally on Wednesday
- Front month feeder cattle futures rallied 0.96% to 1.4% on the day, leaving the Jan contract at a net $2.17 gain for the week thus far. Live cattle also traded higher, gaining 27 to 87 cents on the day. Feb fats sit with a 55 cent gain for the week...
- Wednesday Wheats Gain Back Double Digits
- Month end position squaring allowed wheat prices to rebound on Wednesday with double digit gains in the winter wheat contracts. December spring wheat was up 16 1/2 cents, but the other nearbys recovered just 4 1/2 to 8 1/2 cents on the day. SRW futures closed up by 10 1/2...
- Soybeans Pull Off Highs, but Still Add to Upside
- Bean prices were off their highs at the close on Wednesday, but still higher by 3 to 10 cents in the front months. Nov ’23 was left behind on just a 3 cent gain, and is now at a 70 1/2 cent discount to nearby Jan. Soybean meal prices stayed...
- Midweek Drop in Corn Market
- Corn prices stayed in an 8 1/4 cent range on Wednesday but closed near the low of the day with 2 1/2 to 5 cent losses in the front months. The 2023 crop contracts were the weakest, widening the inverse to now 60 1/2 cents March ’23 to Dec ’23....